This is an automated tool that assists the user with the size and scope of their server environment. This sizer is capable of sizing both an Enterprise and Small & Medium Business (SMB) environment from a single Graphical User Interface. The sizing information and algorithms have been developed using testing and performance data on HP Servers running the Server Based Computing Solution with Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
Features of the Sizer:
- Provides sizing for Windows Server 2008 R2,Virtualizing Microsoft Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and Virtualizing Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprises.
- Assists the user in sizing both 32-bit and 64-bit HP ProLiant Gen 8 and G7 Server environments.
- Supports standard HP ProLiant storage options, including SAN with select HP StorageWorks arrays.
- Provides the most up-to-date sizing guidance on HP’s new ProLiant Gen 8 Servers.
- Provides quick and consistent methodologies to determine a ''best-fit'' server for your Enterprise and/or SMB environment.
- Provides sizing data for the following applications in an SBC environment: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office 2003, Oracle 11i, PeopleSoft 9.0, SAPGUI 7.10, Siebel eBusiness 8.0, and Multiple Applications/Desktop Replacement.
- Allows the customer the option of receiving assistance with their sizing from a qualified HP resource.
- Generates a Bill of Materials (BOM) based on user input from the selected choice of solutions.
- The ability to create both virtualized and non-virtualized solutions.
- The ability to create HP Insight Dynamics infrastructure orchestration templates. For more information, please see more details on HP Insight Dynamics.