HP-UX System ManagementDynamic Root Disk (DRD)
Would you like to dramatically reduce the system downtime typically required to perform HP-UX 11i v2 and v3 operating system maintenance and updates?
Reduce downtime and enhance protection with HP Dynamic Root Disk (DRD) which can clone an HP-UX system image to an inactive disk. Perform system maintenance on the clone without taking your HP-UX system offline. Automatically synchronise the active image and the clone, reducing the need to manually update files on the clone. If needed, utilise the clone for system recovery and quickly reboot after the changes have been made to significantly reduce system downtime. For testing and provisioning purposes, re-host the clone of a Logical Volume Manager (LVM) managed root on another system. And, perform an operating environment update on the clone from an older version of HP-UX 11i v3 to HP-UX 11i v3 (update 4 or later).What’s New
Reduce planned downtime for system maintenance and updates with faster reboots, provided by SoftReboot (when supported on particular servers), now with DRD support.Features
Clone an HP-UX System Image to an Inactive Disk
- Significantly reduce the downtime needed to perform HP-UX software maintenance. Perform system maintenance on the clone without taking the HP-UX offline.
- Enable users to perform software update work during normal business hours, or whenever convenient. Use the clone for system recovery if needed and use off-hours to quickly reboot after the desired changes have been made thus significantly reducing downtime.
- Reduce the downtime required for recovery from administrative errors. Automatically synchronise the active image and the clone, reducing the need to manually update files on the clone.
- Provision systems quickly and efficiently. Re-host the clone of a logical volume manager (LVM) managed root on another system for testing and provisioning purposes.
- Simplify testing. Perform an operating environment update on the clone from an older version of HP-UX 11i v3 to HP-UX 11i v3 update 4 or later.
HP Serviceguard Toolkit for Database Replication Solutions and HP Serviceguard Developers Toolbox allow you to extend HP Serviceguard protection to other mission-critical applications and service with easy-to-use templates and step-by-step directions for creating high-availability protection.
|Disaster Recovery Solutions
HP Serviceguard Extended Distance Cluster, complementary with HP Serviceguard, allows you to cluster two to three data centers up to 100 km apart to failover in the case of a local disaster. HP Serviceguard Metrocluster spans up to 300 km to recover, transfer and continue your mission-critical workload in the case of a site outage. HP Serviceguard Continentalclusters recovers your workload at unlimited distances so you stay worry free. You can combine up to four data centers into four clusters to make sure your business stays available.
HP Serviceguard Extension for SAP (SGeSAP) maximises utilisation of SAP environments with easier deployment and faster failover.
HP Serviceguard provides the best availability for your HP-UX environment. Minimising planned and unplanned downtime to save you money on IT while also keeping your business running to grow and profit.
|HP Serviceguard Solutions for HP-UX
Experience #1 availability for UNIX using HP Serviceguard Solutions for HP-UX, a comprehensive suite of high-availability applications, disaster recovery solutions, storage management options, toolkits and extensions. Serviceguard reduces both planned and unplanned downtime by monitoring and restoring any system failures from hardware faults to application errors. Each Serviceguard component helps build you a solution that fits perfectly into your data center to save time on IT operations and money on lost business.
||HP Serviceguard Storage Management Suite provides speedy data recovery, down from hours to minutes, improved manageability, and reduced storage costs.|
HP Serviceguard Network File Server (NFS) Toolkit allows you to customise your environment to increase the availability of your Network File Servers and also gives you the ability to continually watch over your servers with special health monitors.