System ManagementSoftware Package Builder (SPB)
Content starts here
Software Package Builder (SPB) provides you with the ability to:
- Create a product specification file (PSF) to organise files into products, filesets, and optionally, into bundles and subproducts.
- Set attribute values to define the software package characteristics such as revision, architecture, file permissions, and dependencies.
- Validate a PSF against packaging policies to ensure successful installation with the swpackage command and creation of an SD-UX depot.
- Automate PSF edits and validation as part of the nightly build process using SPB CLI.
How it worksSoftware Package Builder (SPB) provides a visual method to create and edit software packages using the HP-UX Software Distributor (SD-UX) package format. Once software is packaged, it can easily be transferred to a distribution medium, mass produced, and installed by administrators. The SPB graphical user interface (GUI) provides a window into the software package structure, showing attributes that can be set for each package element. SPB loads packaging policies and validates software package attributes against these policies. The SPB command line interface (CLI) can also perform validation of software package attributes against policies and can be added to an automated process for editing and validation of a PSF. Whether you are new to software packaging or an experienced packager, SPB can help you.
At a Glance
- Operating systems supported: HP-UX 11i v1 (11.11), HP-UX 11i v2 (11.23), HP-UX 11i v3 (11.31)
- Free disk space: 6 MB minimum in the /opt directory, 1 MB minimum recommended for data
- RAM: 256 MB
- Software: Java 1.4 or later version